Welcome to Mandarin High!!

Howdy! Glad to See You Today!

Monday, May 31, 2010

Summer Dreams...

Yes, I am so happy to be lounging around the pool! Summer is officially here, because even the water is a little "warm!"
It is hard to believe that summer will start in a mere 8 1/2 days... Our little 5th graders will move on to the big middle schools and end their elementary careers. We have a lot packed into these last 2 weeks of school. Make sure you are here everyday. This week we are rehearsing American Grandstand Tuesday and Wednesday. We will be performing for the school on Thursday, and for parents Thursday night. Of course, parents can attend the school shows as well.
Then next week is CRAZY busy for us! We finish up Jr. Achievement, have our Awards and Picnic, travel to Animal Kingdom and have our farewell breakfast. Even if you don't stay the entire day, you will want to stop by and have breakfast with us!If you have not purchased your yearbook you can do so Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday morning. There are only about 100 left, and I would hate for you to miss out!
This has been a great year! We have learned a lot together and have had a good time in Room 138. I am sad to see yet another group of students leave, but Mrs. Yadon and I are oh so proud of you! You are smarter than a 5th grader for sure!!
So while many of you are counting down these last days... I have started gearing up for summer... Let's just say it is jam packed with lots of fun filled days.


My first summer activity will be Vacation Bible School at my church. I am working in the Teacher's Lounge again this year, and I just love it in there! I get to catch up with so many people that I rarely see during the year because of teaching Sunday School. Not to mention all the yummy treats that are dropped off each morning. This year, one of my good friends will be working in there as well so I am excited to spend time catching up with her too!

Next on the agenda is the Patrol trip to Washington DC! I am so excited- This is one of my favorite places to visit. If I could live anywhere I would live right next to DC in a little town called Alexandria, VA, or Old Town as the locals call it. When I worked for the Dept. of Ed. I stayed there when I came into town. I fell in love with it and the city! There is so much to do and most everything is FREE!!! You cannot beat FREE!!!

As soon as we come back from DC, my family heads to Gatlinburg for our annual trip. Macey and Briley love this trip! We always go to Dollywood and the Dixie Stampede! The mountains are always nice this time of year, and we always have so much fun in our cabin!

This year for Music Camp we are putting on a STOMP production. I am excited to be a part of this! It is always a lot of fun to watch our kids act and sing! The show on Friday is always a big hit!
And the beach, right here in our backyard is a favorite of mine too!

The last part of July my kids attend asleep away camp for a week! Macey is the only one who is actually registered, but Jackson and Briley tag along! I work as a counselor and we have so much fun! This is the best week ever! We do all kinds of crazy stuff with the kids, sing songs, swim, crafts, sports... you name it! It is a great time to enjoy some time outside!

Of course it seems basketball is a year round thing with us, but June is especially fun watching summer high school ball out at the local college on Tuesday and Thursday nights! I can't wait to see Jasper play this year! And of course, I hope we have some great out of town tournaments in there as well!!
What are your summer plans? Make sure you send pictures... and don't forget about us next year. It is so much fun to see our old students stop in and comment!

No comments: